- Is speciation outpacing extinction? Even if so, no excuse to not protect natural reserves
- "Utopia is a guess," so let go your ideals (libertarians here) and pay attention to facts (e.g., US lags on freedom)
- Journalists covering the story of "outdated levees" that may allow Sacramento to flood from (you guessed it) "unexpected river flows" should read my blog in 2008, when I was explaining how politicians were rushing to build houses in flood plains whose levees were never intended to protect houses.
- The GAO says [pdf] that federal agencies need to better coordinate on collecting information and spending money devoted to improving urban and rural water quality
- The Adaptive Capacity Wheel can help assess institutions' adaptive capacity [pdf]
- Before there was mansplaining, there was Rebecca Solnit's 2008 critique of male arrogance
- From the opposite angle: "Menopause: take my advice and throw it away"
InterrogationInterviews "only go well when both parties feel they are getting their fair share"
- The UN has advice on how to adapt water management to climate change
- A friend is in the Congo, taking photos and learning about WASH development