- Drugs are cheaper and purer
- More people die of overdoses and contaminated drugs
- Violence in the US and drug-producing countries is worse
- $billions have wasted on SWAT teams and dead bystanders
- Drug gangs and cartels are richer than ever
- The rule of law is weaker and police are more corrupt*
To learn more about why the policy has failed and why ALL drugs should be legalized and regulated and why drug abuse is a public health (not criminal) problem, I recommend watching "How to make money selling drugs." This tongue-in-cheek but factual documentary shows how drugs generate profits that lead to criminal and political failure.
Here's the torrent.
Bottom Line: Every policy has winners and losers; justice and truth loses when corruption takes over. Follow Washington state, end the War and chill out.
* Read this very good -- and very sad -- New Yorker article on police abuse of civil forfeiture laws.
H/T to RM