- Heard about the Phnom Penh "miracle"? A public utility that extended service with full cost recovery in one of poorest, most corrupt countries? One factor driving success was bonuses for good employees and the axe for those who underperformed. Read all about it here [pdf] -- I met the author a few weeks ago in Berlin :)
- India's mismanagement of energy is similar to -- and connected with -- its mismanagement of water.
- Shale gas drilling near your house? Good news if you get proyalties, bad news if you have a private well (in terms of property value, but I'd say that it's hard to separate perception from actual water contamination).
- A discussion of toilet-to-treatment-to-tap, to turn
waste- used water into something useful.
- Obviously? "This first, rigorous evaluation of a WASH project... finds that the water point intervention had a sizable impact on the use of improved water sources and on the health of young children while sanitation training had a strong impact on latrine ownership and on the health of both adults and older children" in Mozambique.