A few months ago, I posted on my purchase of a Galaxy Tab 10.1. After some time and experience, I decided to go over to the Apple "dark side."
investment cost for the benefits I get:
- I couldn't get the apps I wanted (New Yorker and Economist) on the Galaxy.
- The software on the Galaxy was kludgy (hard to switch between apps, close apps)
- The hardware on the Galaxy was also poorly designed (can't charge while on the stand, off button where I kept hitting it by accident, poor tap recognition)
- Turns out I don't care too much about all the "alternative" apps...
- Much easier to sync google, music, etc. with my laptop (Lenovo) and iPhone
- Better layout of hardware and software
- Cool magnetic cover that puts the IPad to sleep when I use it
- More and better apps, e.g., iTransDC is free and awesome (they do several US cities)