- The billionaire-financed rise of the thought leader (and decline of the public-financed public intellectual) combined with the continued decline in access to academic research and the rise of high-tech (low labor) additive manufacturing may favor Europe over the US (or China).
- Magical warfare technologies help "irrational" people win
- Economics of the populist backlash
- "The Photographic electronic Narrative (PeN) project shares photographs taken by current and ex-offenders on placement at LandWorks: an independent charity which provides a supported route back into the community for people in or recently released from prison"
- The hightech war on scientific fraud in the place that's had troubles: The Netherlands
- Trump and Pruitt appear not to care about the
environmentpeople who live in environments (kinda everyone)
- A poetic 1970 essay California water management from Joan Didion
- A contemporary plea for mercy from Venezuela
- An economist brings realism to the discussion of human behavior (spoiler: math doesnt' hack it)