Q: What did you read that impresses you?
- Nothing. I get water quality information from the media (Colombia)
- It's a comprehensive report. I liked the stuff they are doing with "stakeholders" on pesticide runoff (N Ireland)
- It was nice to see monitoring of trihalomethanes (Canada)
- The voluntary testing for emerging contaminants (USA)
- The degree of chemical treatment of our water to "sanitise" it e.g. Aluminium salts to flocculate [clump up contamination in] it
- Tests for some chemical constituents are done very infrequently which wouldn't allow detection of temporary contamination.
- The latest Water Quality Report is from spring 2014, and the website hasn't been updated since 2013. What's more frightening is not in the WQ report, but in the separate Emerging Contaminants study indicating high frequency of detection of pesticides, herbicides and surfactants in raw and finished water.
* There's still time to complete activities for: