|Amsterdam is one of those rare cities that looks good close up|
- America needs to reconsider its relationship with Saudi Arabia
- One million people live underground in Beijing -- and it's not too bad
- Microeconomists are improving markets; macroeconomists not so much
- A brutal (and sensible) critique of the soldier-killing, money-wasting US military
- The post-2015 "Sustainable development goals" are set to fail, even before launch: "169 targets are as good as no targets"
- This dog knows how to do one trick -- balancing stuff on its head -- really well!