- Ed Dolan wrote a great review of Living with Water Scarcity
- Some details on the Pacific
Garbage Patchplastic miasma (no good news)
- Local officials in Edmonton, Alberta say that climate change will raise flooding costs by $4 per year per household. No biggie, so let's keep that oil flowing, eh?
- The Saudi government just opened the world's largest desalination plant ($7+ billion cost; capacity of 1 million cubic meters/day). Using a rough guess of costs of $1/m3 and tariffs of $0.10/m3, it looks like they are planning to lose money on every unit but make it up on volume. I'll be drinking some of that water in a few days.
- Robert Stavins protests at the IPCC's gutting of the climate change summary. Seems that governments don't want to admit they have done little -- despite 20+ years of meetings -- to address climate change. Too bad for use, given that's government's main job
28 Apr 2014