- "Money will continue to be wasted on research into social and psychological interventions unless the methods used by the researchers are fully reported in academic journals"
- The cocaine value chain (99 percent markup from Andean farmer to London user) explains the violence around drug trafficking and failure of the war on drugs.
- Issues that couples need to address if they are to be happy.
- The US government is putting a higher (shadow) price on carbon emissions for the purposes of writing regulations. It would be far more efficient (cheaper, faster, clearer) if the government would price carbon directly.*
- Institutional insights: "The Transition to Market Economies in Central and Eastern Europe"
* CAFE standards have improved fuel economy at a VERY high cost (i.e., making SUVs more profitable for some manufacturers, relying on technology where techniques are more efficient, etc.)