- Rebuilding after Sandy requires that people consider the cost of rebuilding AND paying for insurance to reflect risk. They are unhappy, but reality bites.
- Very cool: Farmers can soon use their smart phone to test for soil moisture -- and data can provide regional maps. Related: crowdsourcing power plant data for calculating carbon outputs.
- Women, water and political rights in India
- "They came for the water, but were they misinformed?" Nice article on the problems with -- and solutions to -- water scarcity in the US.
- The EPA is looking at the
valueimportance of water in the US economy. The technical papers use interesting methods. I wonder what EPA will do with this project?