- The New Yorker recently reprinted this fantastic 1973 essay [PDF] by Anthony Burgess (author of Clockwork Orange) in which he discusses the tension between freedom and fascism. Read it!
Addendum: Bradbury just died. RIP, yet another hero.
- The importance of "exceptional" (weird) people to business and social innovation.
- A brilliant TED talk on the ways that liberals and conservatives see the world (hint, liberals put weight on harm and fairness, conservatives on authority, purity and group loyalty).
- An excellent overview of psychology -- clinical, academic and organizational.
- Coyote goes even farther on stupid (bureaucratic) definitions of green jobs. Not only do I have one ("resources"), but so do the guys who change the oil in your car. We're all green now! :-\