- GM wants your comments on "Electricity Prices, River Temperatures and Cooling Water Scarcity", in which "we find empirical evidence for an increase in electricity prices when a) river levels fall and/or b) river temperatures rise above a critical threshold (defined here as 25°C)."
- Is the Carlsbad desalination plant going to cost $950 million?
- "Imagine H2O's 2011 Wastewater Prize - November 15 Deadline... is open to innovations related to reuse, treatment, resource recovery, energy production, smart management, and other methods to generate revenue from wastewater opportunities. Water startups, entrepreneurs, and university ventures from around the world are encouraged to apply."
- This looks good: Agricultural water pricing in the EU and Mexico [PDF].
- Someone got
their PhD* for contributing to "Deep words, shallow words: An initial analysis of water discourse in 40 years of UN declarations." I glanced at this summary of babble, but it was painful. If you're more interested in critical analysis or reading bureaucratic tea leaves, then plunge in!
* "The project was done as part of a graduate diploma program"