- What We Can Learn From the Dutch About Teen Sex (how to reduce teenage sex and abortions, for one thing!). On that note, the New Yorker has an EXCELLENT story [$] on the history of Planned Parenthood (and how Republicans were its biggest supporters), and Russ talks with Roy Baumeister about why boys are stronger achievers AND bigger failures than girls.
- Going shopping? Remember that every person in the US owes an average of $174,000. Ouch.
- Photos of the hard side of America in the 70s. These are from the media (a little extreme), but they do show that we've made some progress -- esp. in fashion :)
- Funny (?) interview on prejudice against ugly people? (Hammermesh is well-respected, but this seems a bit sensational to me.)
- Why writers should embrace Amazon's direct publishing model (better marketing, for one).