- In this post, I described how Miya water as having trouble finding financing for its product that reduces non-revenue water (leaks and unpaid bills). Now, they've announced a $50 million effort to provide advance funding that -- presumably -- will be repaid when results are seen. Good.
- Lots of details on water prices and tariff structures in the Great Lakes Region in this primer and detailed report (both PDFs). This site has detailed historical information on Water and Wastewater Rates and Fees for GA, NC, SC and VA. Check it out and give feedback!
- Speaking of valuable data, check out "Water Markets of the United States and the World" [PDF] -- a 400+ page description of "markets" (technology and hardware, not traded water) in the US and around the world.
- In NY? Check out the art exploring the value of water @ St. John's Cathedral (until March 2012).
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is choking efforts for local communities (20 million people!) to improve their water supplies. It's time to open MWD's distribution grid to all comers -- a topic at the center of my dissertation on MWD.
H/Ts to JB, RM, CW and SW