- This post on the legal/financial shenanigans of the owners of Fiji water and the Kern Country Water Bank provides a warning: people in the habit of exploiting loopholes are likely to overuse water when institutions for dealing with scarcity are absent.
- "Researchers from Conservation International and WWF... suggest that the climate
change impacts on long-lived water infrastructure for energy production, agriculture, transportation, and supply and sanitation demand a much higher level of coordination between economists, engineers, and
ecologists to achieve a viable vision of sustainable
development and green economies over the coming century. The authors
also propose a methodology for integrating effective climate adaptation
into long-term water resource management and conservation."
- The Water Challenge is offering $50,000 for innovative solutions to flood management in New Orleans. Preliminary application deadline 30 Sep!
- The NSF has just awarded lots of $$ to researchers looking at How Humans and the Environment Interact. Many interesting projects there.
- Pepsico and The Nature Conservancy have a short report on sustainable management of water risk in communities [PDF]