- Fail: subsidies for solar puts panels in the wrong places.
- Fail: "climate change kills polar bears" research was mostly BS.
- Why the poor screw themselves (e.g., tax breaks for the rich):
people who were a spot away from the bottom were the most likely to give the money to the person above them: rewarding the “rich” but ensuring that someone remained poorer than themselves.
- Professors turn grading over to outsiders (and computers!) to reduce grade inflation and prevent bias. On a more philosophical note, train students to think instead of for a particular set of (soon-to-be-outdated) skills.
- Researchers find that people like to know the "surprise" end of the story. I call that a lazy choice between the tension of thinking and pleasure of seeing words flow by.
- Dutch priests rethink Christianity, i.e., "Jesus' life is a mythological story"