- The US President's Council on Environmental Quality has released a draft report (Draft National Action Plan: Priorities for Managing Freshwater Resources in a Changing Climate) for comment by 15 July. I wrote this:
Market tools and prices (e.g., insurance, water trading, scarcity pricing) will lower the cost of adaption and facilitate flexible responses among groups with varying degrees of preparation for climate change. These are described in my book on water policy: The End of Abundance: economic solutions to water scarcity (2011).Ya think the Prez will buy a copy?
- The first draft of a report on Economic Sustainability in the Sacramento Delta is out.
- China's water managers are failing on a colossal scale: mismanagement of dam releases, irrigation, urban water and the environment. (New competition for the Soviet model of fail?)
- "The IDB [Inter-American Development Bank] with its partners launch the Inventory of Water and Adaptation Actions in the Americas (WaterAAA) as part of the Regional Policy Dialogue on Water and Climate Change"
- Tracy Mehan's writes [PDF] "A Symphonic Approach to Water Management: The Quest for New Models of Watershed Governance"