- Internal messy politics and
corruptionbad judgment at a water agency.
- The Pacific Institute – what a bunch of posers! (Funny and VERY perceptive)
- A tale of overregulation, wasted time and woe in San Diego. After 6,000 water wasting complaints, one person is fined $100, and it goes downhill from there...
- Evian spring water is NOT named for Naive spelled backwards.
- Lloyd Carter and Aquadoc on shipping California's "virtual water" overseas. Speaking of that, a rant on Westlands' continuing theft of water from California's wild North Coast.
- Texans use 58% more water in summer (lawns!). Btw, Dallas residents use 240 gallons/capita/day (gcd). Other cities are better: Austin (170 gcd), Houston (140 gcd) and San Antonio (120 gcd). Compare those numbers to San Francisco*, the Peninsula south of San Francisco [pdf] (85 gcd), and Las Vegas (260 gcd). (According to DWR, California coastal cities use about 100 gcd, inland areas use about 175 gcd, Imperial Valley residents use about 250 gcd.) Read more about water use in Texas -- and how pricing and conservation can affect them -- here.
* WTF? I cannot find residential gcd for San Francisco! Just lots of pages on toilet rebates. Any help?