- In these economic times, civilization can break down: "Gov. David Paterson... plans to use money collected for environmental programs to cover the budget deficit." Penny wise, pound foolish.
- A review of Water War in the Klamath Basin: Macho Law, Combat Biology, and Dirty Politics by Doremus and Tarlock.
- Taugher strikes again: Why issue another $11 billion in bonds when we haven't spent half of the money dedicated to water in previous bonds? Further, why aren't water users paying?
- Biodiesel: Still looking for subsidies.
- What is striking about the global cost-abatement curve is what a bargain it seems to be to lower emissions by protecting rainforests.
- Money makes you conservative:
In the experiment, subjects earn money in a real effort production task and are allowed to vote on a tax rate that determines the scope of redistribution. The subjects also complete a questionnaire about their economic ideology, allowing a test of whether this ideology is linked to the willingness to vote for redistributive taxes. We find that a subject’s relative earnings primarily determines her voting behavior, with our subjects showing little in the way of preferences for fairness or inequality aversion.
- Photos documenting the impacts of climate change on the Himalayan glaciers