- "Threat Level: Stupid... Why Color-Coded Terror Alerts Have Made Us Less Safe." Totally.
- Sustainable personal finances, like sustainable water management, means spending less than you make. Totally, but the podcast [mp3] that says this also taught me some good stuff...
- Spreck at EDF worries about farms selling water to cities and going fallow. I totally agree, except Spreck's being inconsistent when he (or EDF) says that water sales are good, but not the sales they dislike. (That's why I support temporary fallowing and leasing water.)
- This 2006 episode of South Park totally makes fun of the smugness of hybrid owners, with many special barbs tossed at the holier-than-thou, my-farts-smell-great San Franciscans. [I have a BMW, but I only drive it 5,000 miles/year :) ]
- Totally useful: Satellite monitoring can be used to increase crop yields or pinpoint "non-point" pollution.
- Drying and burning peat bogs, swamps, wetlands, etc. are a significant source of CO2 emissions. It's totally stupid to drive a Prius if we are not protecting swamps -- or forests!
- Coyote hates this recession...
...because nearly every day I get another letter from some near-bankrupt city, state, county, or other taxing authority which says basically: “we have this vague, non-fact based hypothesis that your company owes us a lot of taxes you are not paying. To avoid the determination that you owe us lots more money for some unproven or unspecified reason, you must send us approximately a two-inch stack of information that it will take from 8-10 hours to prepare, including…”Totally.