In honor of Sant' Obama, I (we) make the following predictions for 2009:
- Sant' Obama will walk on water -- of the Reflecting Pool -- as he proceeds to his inaugural. He will then take the oath of office on the Constitution -- a document that means more to America than competing man-made texts.
- All the stories written in this July 9, 2009 New York Times turn out to be true.
- At the December 2009 meeting on climate change, Sant' Obama performs an exorcism -- removing the corporate tumors from the spleens of delegates -- and everyone agrees that climate action should be based on per capita rights to emissions.
- Sant' Obama brings down showers of loaves and fishes -- singlehandedly compensating for the environmental and ecological disasters of ethanol and overfishing. People eating good and abundant food dance in the streets. Mother Nature converts from Paganism to Obamaism.
- Sant' Obama throws the
moneychangerslobbyists out of the TempleCongress. A new ethos permeates legislation: Laws apply to all people, not just special interests.
- Sant' Obama brings sight to the blind -- revealing the demand curve to water managers who have only known the supply curve during their sojourn in this earthly paradise.
- What's your seventh miracle? (Seven was good enough for Sinbad and Herodotus)