President: Barrack Obama -- because he's run an excellent campaign, he is a natural leader, and the Republicans have made numerous strategic (Palin) and tactical (negative ads) mistakes. John McCain should be ashamed of himself. Bob Barr (Libertarian) is seriously inferior to Ron Paul.
Congress (9th District): Barbara Lee -- the only member of congress to vote "No" on the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists. I remember that vote.
California Assembly -- I've no idea.
California Propositions [info. Kevin Drum's opinions]
- High-speed rail: No -- The State doesn't need to fund this.
- Animal rights: YES -- The law solves a coordination problem -- all farmers will face higher costs, but they can pass them to consumers.
- Children’s hospitals: No -- Better management, not more money.
- Abortion for minors: No -- Forcing young girls to tell their parents about abortions increases the cost of abortion, which will lead to more unwanted babies (sorry Sarah!)
- Drug penalties: YES -- another step towards legalizing drugs.
- Crime prevention/penalties: No -- Better management, not more money.
- Alternative fuels: No -- The idea sounds good, but the opposition (not just power companies, but also EDF and UCS) indicates that the law is flawed in some way.
- Eliminate gay marriage: NO -- Keep your laws off my body!
- Crime victims: blank -- mangled ballot arguments...
- Alternative fuels: No -- Don't subsidize "winner" technologies -- tax environmentally harmful actions.
- District boundaries: YES -- End gerrymandering!
- Homes for vets: No -- Vets and Kids don't need more handouts.
If you don't vote, there could be consequences [pro-Obama but funny]:
Addendum: You can customize this video here.