- A number of heavy hitters in water have said they liked the piece. Even better, a number of amateurs have said the same. Great!
- I've had several requests for interviews (granted!), which is great for getting the word out on aguanomics. (See the video clip below for the fastest turn-around.)
- I've spent a lot of time explaining that my proposal is not about agricultural water -- this post is.
- I also spent a lot of time saying "yes, there is a shortage because water outflows exceed inflows [engineering definition], but the reason that's happening is that price is too low [Econ 1].
- I've got several invitations to participate in discussions on water, economics, the environment, etc. Awesome!
Bottom Line: The water "shortage" needs to be solved at many levels (wholesale, retail, watershed, state level, etc.) and the institutions for allocating water must reflect the relevant factors at each level.